Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Stupidity of Reading Crummy Books

I just finished slogging through Kelli Stanley's Nox Dormienda (A Long Night for Sleeping).  This is the first in her "Arcturus" murder mystery series - and as far as I am concerned, it may as well be her last. 

The book is supposed to be a noir mystery taking place in Roman Britain.  I could not figure out who was who many times in this book.  When I finished, I did not know how we got to the resolution of the mystery.  It was rough going as there are Latin words a-plenty in this murder mystery - fortunately it has a glossary. 

I kept asking myself why I was so determined to finish it.  What a waste of time.

2 comments:

Elaine Jarvis said...

If you have to use a glossary to read a murder mystery there's something wrong IMHO. Sorry you wasted your time. Hope it wasn't a LONG book!

KLZ said...

308 boring pages.