Friday, November 5, 2010

You've heard about it, now read it!

I have heard endlessly about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, and I bought it a year ago.  But it took me until last week to get around to reading it.  I hated putting it down!  It is worth reading. 

Disgraced financial investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist is hired to research the decades old disappearance of 16 year old Harriet Vanger.  In turn, he hires the unorthodox Lisbeth Salander as his assistant.  Along the way, they discover the shady dealings of Hans-Erik Wennerström the financier who sent Blomkvist into his exile. 

Now that we have the facts of the story out of the way, I want to say that there is much suspense, horrific crime, computer hacking, and romance.  I cannot do the book justice.  Just read it.

No comments: