Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Departure from My Reading of Murder Mysteries

I just finished reading The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A. J. Jacobs.  A. J. Jacobs made the decision in his self-admitted obsessive-compulsive way that he would follow all the rules of the Bible for one year.  It is a fascinating and humorous look at our beliefs.  Another fun aspect of the book is the way his long-suffering wife puts up with his antics.  It is interesting to watch an avowed agnostic discover a belief in God and return to his own religious roots.  I read The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment by him last year and decided he was worth reading.

I just put his other book The Know It All on hold.  He's worth it!

No comments: